Saturday, January 2, 2010

It is a new year.

'Tis the season to accidentally continue to write '2009' on checks and letters, to make some resolutions and forget to do them, and to reflect on life in general.
So far, I've managed to write '2010' on every Thank You letter, didn't make any resolutions, and haven't spent much time reflecting, either! However, I did ring in the new year with clean sheets, towels, and rugs and spent a considerable amount of time on the 31st doing absolutely nothing of value. We celebrated quietly with bourbon chocolate walnut shakes, a kiss at the chiming of the clock, and then the light went out and I fell asleep.
There are some things I'd like to do this year... I'll sum up a few of them.

1. Spend some time at a beach cabin with family. We've never done this so 2010 seems like a good time to start. I can't guarantee everyone will be able to come when contending with Navy deployment and the Peace Corps but everyone is invited. It may end up just being Chris and me, and that's OK, too. If you know of a good one, let me know! California or Oregon coasts are preferred. You're welcome to join us.

2. Get a job. Like, a real one. One I'm not only good at but that I would like doing as well. Preferably as a counselor somewhere, please. We'll be praying about this one.

3. I'd like to be more deliberate about almost everything. More deliberate in loving people close to me; more deliberate in communicating with people, especially those far away; more deliberate in learning how to do things, from taking better pictures to being crafty to what I do at work.

This is going to be a good year. I can feel it. Cheers!!

No comments: