Sunday, May 2, 2010

What a weekend!

My darling husband took Friday off of work just to hang out with me!
So we did what all people who live in Southern California do every day and spent the day at Disneyland.
I got to ride on the front of the double-decker down Main Street and knew the answer to every question the driver asked! He said I was the best tour guide ever. Except for himself, of course...

I promptly got soaked on Splash Mountain...

And then dried in the sun while eating too much pizza...

And popcorn...

I even got myself a little Mickey Mouse who lived in my purse all day and then almost got eaten by Sammi when we got home. Whoops! Gotta keep him on a shelf, I suppose...
Since we had all day to peruse the parks, we spent quite a bit of time looking at the foliage. It changes quite frequently - they must have a host of gardeners and landscapers!
My favorites were the strawberries growing in Tomorrowland...

and the flowers near Walt and Mickey at the end of Main Street.


It was quite a day and I can't wait to go back!
The perfect beginning to a long weekend - and the fun we needed before two days of work around the house and yard (more on that to come...).

No comments: