Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up: Winery

Sunday was a good friend's birthday and since we're all at or approaching our 30s, we decided to celebrate the grown-up way with some wine tasting! If you've never been wine tasting, you should definitely try it. Not only are the wineries usually gorgeous and accommodating, it's a great way to get a feel for what you like and don't like. A smart friend shared her general rules for tasting: Do I like it? Can I afford it? I can deal with that!
We visited Roblar Winery in the Santa Ynez valley for the afternoon. I wish I'd been able to take more pictures of the winery itself - the buildings were gorgeous and I love the atmosphere they've created. They do free BBQ and fabulous tastings over the Labor Day weekend - I might have to take the hubs for a little day trip.
On the balcony for our tasting:

Sister! Overlooking the vineyards:

No comments: