Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Recap: SNOW!

Friday was rainy and cold; I stayed inside as much as I could. I've been offered full-time at work, which means this was the last Free Friday before I add another day to my regular work week and I was as lazy as I wanted to be (after having lunch with the hubs and running some errands, of course...).
By Saturday morning, the rain and clouds had cleared and my morning walk with the dog displayed glorious snow-covered mountains in the distance. On Friday night, I almost convinced the hubs to  drive 3 1/2 hours to my in-laws' house so we could wake up to snow on Saturday morning but the pouring rain discouraged us from making the trip. So I had an itch to find it. And find it we did!
Here are a few pieces of our adventure -

Middle Lion Campground:
(The hubs just about gave me a heart-attack when he jumped onto a rock in the stream with my camera dangling from his shoulder while I hollered (from inside the truck, where he couldn't hear me), 'Put it over your head! Over your head!!' Beautiful picture, though, so I guess it was worth it...):






















Rose Valley Falls:






















We started to hike up to the Falls but there was so much (freezing cold) water in the streams that Sammi couldn't cross them - and we didn't trust ourselves to carry him across. If you have the chance, it's worth the short hike to view the falls from the pools below.















Not too far up the road: Snow!






















We took the newer Samurai to try it out. I love the pattern of white on black.






















Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!






















While the hubs made his own tracks in the mud...















I found little tracks in the snow... Who do these belong to?















 You can tell which way the wind blows...






















Grey mystery 






















I was tempted to explore again today but we had lots to do at home. If the snow is still gracing the peaks in a few weeks, we may head up there again but until then, it's normal life for me.
How about you? What adventures did you find this weekend?


All images by me (or hubs). Please do not use them without asking first. Thanks.

No comments: