Sunday, May 20, 2012

In the meantime...

It's been a while since anything been posted to this here blog but that doesn't mean I've been lazy. Between then and no, here are some of the things we've been up to (in no particular order):

Went to the LA Zoo with my mom and sister. It's been at least 20 years since we were there and I was a bit disappointed that they no longer have camel rides. Come to think of it, I didn't see camels at all...
























Cheered a friend running a marathon (she: running, me: cheering) and then went to Disneyland all on the same day. I also got LASIK with my sister (Thanks, mom!!!) which is why I was wearing glasses at the zoo and NO GLASSES at Disneyland (more on the LASIK soon). 20/20 vision + popcorn + family = definite happiest place on earth. I need to go back there. Soon.






















The hubs and I somehow procured a new pet. His name is Charlie. He usually goes by "Charlie Bear." He's a shelter mix of something. He jumps around in the yard like a kangaroo, especially when chasing his tennis ball. He loves to chew anything and everything but has been very good about only chewing his squeaky toys and his nylabone since we've hidden all the shoes in the closet. 

























I went to Lowe's on a warm afternoon for some potting soil and came home with strawberry and tomato plants. They've lived for several weeks so I think we're in for the long haul.






















Also found the first of the blackberries sprouting up. Since this one, we've got quite a few more! I may be able to fill a little bowl by the end of the week if this warmer weather holds up.






















 Last weekend I threw our staff BBQ, complete with the world's largest horse pinata. I know I'm not a big person but he was HUGE. We named him Burrito Grande and it took every child present plus a baseball bat to break this sucker open. A small child could ride him (and one of our smaller staff members tried...).