Sunday, December 1, 2013

All I Don't Want for Christmas

Yesterday I was asked the dreaded question for the first time this year: "So, what do you want for Christmas?" Despite the fact that I love to shop and can usually find something I'd love to have when out and about with my mom, I drew the usual blank. What DO I want...?
According to The Hubs, a Porsche isn't 'realistic' so it was much easier to mentally compile a list of things I DON'T want, which isn't a bad place to start. Process of elimination and all. So in case you find yourself in a shoppish mood and my name pops into your head next to those sugarplums, here are five little things on my "Please Don't Get For Me" List.
And I promise I'll try to think of something I do want, in case you really do need some help -  and I'll update my Tumblr someday.

1. Scarves. There are so many pretty ones out there but I wear them so rarely and have so many already that it will just end up rolled up in a drawer. Or hanging in my closet. I have such a hard time figuring out where to store them all.
2. Pajamas. I just got the cutest set from my mom for my birthday so I'm all set. I'm also kind of picky about my PJs. Sorry...
3. Socks. (Unless they're the really warm wool kind. Those are good.)
4. Books. I know... WHAT?? But you love to read! Yes, yes I do love to read but unless you know I'm absolutely going to love it (and that I don't already have it sitting on my nighstand in the pile of "Books I'll Read Someday") it's probably best to just let me pick my own.
5. Anything Dog or Cat related. I have two of each, in the flesh and that's enough for me.

So now the question is - What do YOU want? Or Don't?

No comments: