Friday, June 12, 2009

**Shudder**

There aren't many critters that give me the heebie-jeebies but the one that really (really really really REALLY) grosses me out is the common garden snail. And we seem to have a bajillion of them.

A few months ago, Chris sprinkled the circular flower thing in the middle of our front yard with Corry's Slug and Snail Death. We were both amazed with how well it worked and how quickly the little buggers disintegrated, leaving empty white shells around the perimeter of the plant area. If you ever have slugs or snails to get rid of, look for this stuff:


















But know that it only works for so long. They're back and they're all over my freshly trimmed hibiscus and the front wall. Yesterday, I took it upon myself to sprinkle and was quite surprised this morning at the number of snail shells (and some not-quite-dead-yet-but-writhing-in-agony snails) laying about in the garden bed. I almost took a picture but was too grossed out. Maybe I should to help get over my heebies.

How many snails can you count?














No comments: