Sunday, January 17, 2010

From the Archives

Here's a little blast from the past!

I was given the opportunity to travel around Arizona with my grandmother when I was about 11 yrs old because my parents were going out of town and my sister and I were fighting so much they couldn't leave us together with friends of the family. I had such a great time living it up in timeshares and being the only child! I clearly remember the blue Camelback mountain shirt my great-uncle bought me and playing kick-ball on the timeshare lawn in my bright neon flowered bathing suit. I think I even watched a movie my parents wouldn't normally let me watch while the grown-ups socialized in another room...

I'm not sure where this picture was taken of me and good 'ole Paul Bunyan but I was quite happy at the time, sporting my neon pink fanny-pack and sporty white socks. This is also proof that yes, I was always a skinny girl.

Looking at it now, I'm a little creeped out by Paul's expression and the fact that I look a bit like a 1980's pre-teen sacrifice hanging out on that big rock. Where's a big blue ox when you need one?

No comments: