Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Don't Know No-Bakes?

Those of you who don't know No-Bake Cookies are missing out. And so I will share the quick and easy, no-bake, chocolate oatmeal cookie recipe right here, right now.
I'd share the cookies, too, but I'm a little selfish even though I made a second batch today. Second batch within a week. Ok, I admit. Second batch within three days... I pretty much eat them for breakfast, snacks, and dessert. Yes, they're that addicting.

No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

In a large pan, combine:
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt

Bring to a boil and let boil together for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately stir in:
3 cups oatmeal (I prefer generic-brand quick oats)
1 1/2 tsps vanilla

Stir together until oatmeal is well coated. Let sit for a few minutes to thicken.
Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper to cool.
Store in layers separated by wax paper in the fridge.
Enjoy!!


Yes, they look like little brown blobs but oh, they're such yummy little brown blobs. I took the container out of the fridge to take this picture and could barely resist eating one, even with dinner in the oven.

No comments: