Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oh, yeah! Christmas!

It was almost perfect. Quiet, relaxing, full of food and family and cheer.

The cat slept under the tree for days, avoiding the dog and enjoying the sunshine.















We have the best stockings, handmade by my mom. They are my favorite part of Christmas morning.






















We traumatized the dog by putting things on his head. This one was the hubs:






















This one was all me:






















My amazing brother sent was super sneaky and sent this to my mom to give to me. A piggybank from Spain! I should save up for a trip somewhere...






















My beautiful younger sister. 






















Our festive dinner table! My mom adopted a fun tradition from my great-grandmother called a Present Pie. The centerpiece is full of little gifts with long ribbons looped around. Everyone pulls a string, not knowing what present it's attached to! You can cover it with a Christmas cloth to make a pie if you want but we left ours open - it was too cheerful to cover up.






















I officially joined the Purple Coat Club as my dad bought me the coat I wanted (I sent him a link the day after Thanksgiving, as the shop was having a 50% off sale and free shipping! Easy shopping for me and the sister... he got things for both of us!). My mom, sister, and I all have purple coats.






















Mom made her traditional Christmas bread, ham, vegetables, and two kinds of potatoes followed by molten lava cakes and loads of cookies. We stuffed ourselves full; played Apples to Apples; read our new books and watched our new movies. We missed my sister in Africa and my brother under the sea - hopefully we'll all be together next Christmas.
Until then, have a wonderful rest of your week and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

freesparrow said...

Awwwww, now I feel like I was there. I love your family. It's like my family away from a family whenever I'm there.

freesparrow said...

p.s. i LOVE your christmas card!!!!! so cute!