Sunday, August 21, 2011

Little Treasures

My sister and I spent yesterday helping my mom move furniture back into her classroom. When you're a teacher who gets laid off every summer, you get to move your entire classroom to your garage and store it while you wait to hear whether you got hired back... (minus only the desks and textbooks. Pretty much  everything else was purchased by my mom because teachers spend an extraordinary amount of their own money every year buying the things that actually make learning fun for kids.).
While my mom was grateful to get hired back, moving your entire garage full of school supplies back up to school gets a bit old every year. Until you find treasures like this hiding in the filing cabinet:























Yes, that's a tiny bird skull. It fell out of the file cabinet as my sister and I were loading it into the truck. There's no way to tell how long it's been in the back of the file cabinet but I think we can safely say it's been A Long Time.
Just to prove that we didn't find a random picture of a bird skull on the internet and post it here, here's me with the skull:























Yep, kind of gross. But at least it wasn't a mouse head or something. Could've been a lot worse.

1 comment:

Christina Nina said...

"at least" it wasn't a mouse head...!!! Thank the lucky stars it wasn't MASSIVE EWWW!